Page 2 of 6
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid but he who conquers fear.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Never argue with stupid people,they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth.
Professor Wore Soyinka
Art is man's constant effort to create for himself a different order of reality from that which is given to him.
Professor Chinua Achebe
- To find yourself, think for yourself.
- The Philosopher have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.
- We know what we are but know not what we may be.
It is not from benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our own dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
- Be a life long student, read as many books as possible.
- There is a place for everything and everything it's place.
- Everything great that has ever happened to humanity since the beginning, has begun as a single thought in someone's mind and if any one of us is capable of such great a thought then all of us has the same capacity; capability because we are all the same.
Yanni Wake - New Age Music maestro(Classical Jazz fusion) and exponent of experimental sounds.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
The only trouble with capitalism is capitalists; they're too dawn greedy.
- Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend.
- They do not have love that do not show their love.
- Men make their own history, but they do not make it as please.
- Human beings will never be free with food without freedom nor will they be satisfied with freedom without food.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
- A leader is a dealer in hope.
- What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Experience is the teacher of all things.
- As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do same.
- Veni, vidi, vici(I came, I saw, I conquered).
- Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
Tupac Amaru Shakur
- These violent delights have violent ends.
- Forget the past.
- For every dark night, there's a brighter day.
Tupac Amaru Shakur
- Ability is nothing without opportunity.
- It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever.
- Under dictatorship,a nation ceases to exist.
Professor Wole Soyinka.